2. It's impossible to love someone who abuses you.
3. Domestic violence happens when someone flies out of control.
4. Domestic violence is always physical.
5. If someone abuses you, it's an obvious decision to leave the relationship.
6. There's no good reason for a victim not to call the police.
7. Both parties usually hold some responsibility in domestic violence situations.
8. Women abuse men just as often as men abuse women.
9. Men are never victims of abuse, and women never perpetrators.
10. Domestic violence only happens to women who are poor or dependent or uneducated
11. Drugs and alcohol cause domestic violence.
12. People who commit intimate partner violence are violent in most of their relationships.
13. You can rescue a friend from domestic violence.
14. Tough love is the best way to help a victim of violence.
Read the full article here